A Stroll Along The Thames

Winter has well and truly hit London, our days are getting ridiculously short and the weather is showing it's nasty side. Despite the drizzle and fog that's been plaguing us on and off for the last few weeks, I've been making an effort to get out and about. My time here is flying by too quickly, so I'm making an effort to make the most of what the local area has to offer by taking little exploration missions by foot a few times a week.

                                    Bishops Park overlooking the Thames on a foggy morning

Bishops Park has become one of my favourite places to visit. On the bank of the Thames, it is a lovely place to clear your head and take in the scenery. I love that even though London is a major city, you don't have to look hard to find little sanctuaries of green. What it lacks in size it makes up for in content; there is a large adventure playground, ponds, fields, walkways and more.

                                            The walkway along the Thames in Bishops Park


Bishops park also boarders Fulham Palace - the historic home of the Bishops of London, for over twelve centuries. With beautiful gardens in every season and a multitude of sculpture to admire, the grounds are just as beautiful as the interior of the Palace itself. I think I owe this little gem some more exploration, as I've only really rushed through it.


           A sneaky panorama of the Thames taken from a lovely little viewing platform-ish thing.


Tracking back to my afore-mentioned Christmas obsession... This weekend I am headed to Edinburgh to explore the Christmas markets and to catch up with some friends *clenches fists and squeals* I'm so excited! Bring on the mulled wine and Ice-Skating is all I can say!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author